1 kg - spinach
3 cups - chicken stock
1 cup - milk
2 tbsps - butter
2 tbsps - grated onions
2 tbsp - flour
salt and pepper
- Boil spinach until just tender, cool and liquidize.
- This should measure approximately 2 cups.
- Melt butter. Add grated onions and fry until soft.
- Add the flour, fry a little, do not brown.
- Add chicken stock, to the spinach, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 15 mins.
- Sieve or liquidize the soup and return to pan.
- Add 1 cup milk and a dash of grated nutmeg, just before serving.
- Pour soup into bowls, and sprinkle a little grated cheese on top.