1. Basmati Rice : ½ kg
2. Whole Mutton Ran : 1 kg
3. Tomato : 4-5 pcs
4. Yogurt : ½ cup
5. Oil : 1 cup
6. Potato : 2-3 pcs
7. Tamarind Juice : 1 tsp
8. Papaya : 1 tbsp, paste
9. Green Chili : 1 tsp, chopped
10. Salt : to taste
11. Small Cardamom : 2-3 pcs
12. Big Cardamom : 2 pcs
13. Cinnamon : 1” stick
14. Cloves : 3 -4 pc
15. Fenugreek : 1 pinch
16. Saunf : 1 pinch
17. Ajwain : 1 pinch
18. Whole Pepper : 7 pc
19. Bay Leaves : 1 pc
20. Red Chili : 1 pc
1. Roast all the ingredients mentioned under fried spices section and grind them together.
2. Cut the mutton ran in pieces and marinate the yogurt and keep for 1 hr. Add the papaya paste with marinated mutton. It will help to cook fast.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Fry the onion till it becomes brown and keep them aside.
4. In the same way fry the potato and keep aside.
5. Now add tomato in the oil. Saute a little. Add ginger, garlic and fried spices. Fry for some time. Add the marinated mutton into this. Simmer the flame. Add some water.
6. One the mutton is almost cooked, add tamarind juice, sugar and green chili. Take out from flame and keep aside.
7. Add salt and whole spices to water and let it boil. One the water starts boiling, add the rice.
8. When the rice is half done drain the excess water and add the cooked mutton. Mix properly.
9. Cook for 15 minutes. Decorate the mutton pieces as a ran. Serve hot.