1. Chicken : 2 pcs
2. Basmati Rice : 1 kg
3. Ginger : ½ cup, paste
4. Garlic : ½ cup, paste
5. Milk : 1 cup
6. Water : 8 cup
7. Onion : 2 cup, paste
8. Kewra Water : 2 tbsp
9. Jafran : 2 pinch
10. Sugar : to taste
11. Cinnamoncardamom, cloves, Mace, Nutmeg : 2 tsp, powder
12. Yogurt : 1 cup
13. Ghee : 1 cup
14. Salt : to taste
1. Cut the chicken into 6-8 pieces and marinate with yogurt. Keep for 10 minutes.
2. Heat ghee in a pan. Fry the chicken slightly and keep aside.
3. Add the onion in the same ghee. One it becomes opaque, add ginger – garlic paste and cook for some time. Add the chicken.
4. After stirring for some time add sugar and salt. Cover and cook in simmer.
5. One the chicken is cooked properly, separate the chicken pieces from the gravy and keep them aside.
6. Wash the rice thoroughly. Drain excess water.
7. In a bigger pan heat ghee. Add the gravy of chicken and water. Mix milk and whole spices.
8. One the water starts to boil, add rice and cook.
9. One the water almost dried up, add chicken. Cook in lowest flame for 5-7 minutes. Add jafran and kewra water.
10. One the chicken and rice cooked properly, serve hot.