1. Mutton : 300 gms
2. Chili powder : 2 teaspoons
3. Turmeric powder : 1 teaspoon
4. Crushed ginger : a small piece (Or ginger garlic paste-1 teaspoon)
5. Curry leaf : little
6. Red chilli : 2
7. Green chilli : 2
8. Small onion : 10
9. Garlic : 10
10. Fennel seeds : 1 tsp
11. Clove : 2
12. Cardomom : 2
13. Cinnamon : 2 small pieces
14. Ginger : 2 small pieces
15. Mint leaf-handful
16. Minced onion : 2
17. Minced tomato : 2
18. Mint leaf : handful
19. Fennel seedsb : 1 tsp
20. Clove : 2
21. Cardomom : 2
22. Cinnamon : 2 small pieces
23. Bay leaf : small piece
24. Curry leaf : little
25. Basmati Rice -1 ½ cups (300 gms).
1. Wash the rice. Soak for 10 minutes. Drain the water.
2. Keep the kadai in the stove. In a teaspoon of butter or ghee fry the rice in medium fire for 3 minutes i.e., till the rice does not catch the bottom of the kadai.
3. Frying the rice is to make sure that the biryani doesn’t get over cooked.
4. Keep a small cooker in the stove.
5. In a teaspoon of oil add the crushed ginger kept for cooking mutton.
6. Saute for a minute. Add the mutton pieces and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Now add the chili powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
8. Add a pinch of salt. Pour 1 ½ cups of water. Close the cooker and cook for 8 minutes.
9. While cooking the mutton, grind the items given in to grind.Mince the onion and the tomatoes.
10. Once the mutton is cooked, After the pressure gets released, open the cooker.
11. Strain the mutton stalk (gravy in the mutton) and keep aside. This has to be used instead of water.
12. Keep ready 2 table spoons of thick curd
13. Now we have to make the Biryani
14. Keep a big cooker in the stove. In 2 table spoons of oil season the biriyani with the items given in to season.
15. Saute the onions till oil oozes. Add the grinded masala now and sauté for 2 minutes.
16. Now add the tomato pieces and sauté till they become soft. Add the mutton pieces and mix well.
17. Now add 2 table spoons of yogurt and mix.1:2 is the ratio of water to rice including yogurt
18. Measure the mutton stalk you have.
19. For 1 ½ cups of rice you have to pour 3 cups of water including yogurt.
20. If you have 2 cups of stalk the add 1 more cup of water
21. When this mixture boils, add the salt needed
22. Add the rice kept ready. Mix everything well.
23. Close the cooker. When pressure comes put the weight. Keep the stove in low medium fire.
14. Cook exactly for 10 minutes (Don’t wait for any whistle) .switch off the stove in the tenth minute
15. Open the cooker after the pressure goes. Mostly the first impression you will have is that there is excess water.Don’t worry, after all the steam goes it will be perfect.
16. Mix gently. Garnish with coriander leaves.