1. Meat (lamb or goat) : 1 kg, (ribs favorable)
2. Onion : 1 medium, paste
3. Garlic : 2 tbsp, paste
4. Ginger : 1.5 tbsp, paste
5. Cashew nut : 2 tbsp, grounded to paste
6. Cardamom : 4 crushed
7. Cardamom : 3 crushed Black
8. Yogurt : 3 tbsp
9. Cream : 2 tbsp, (not sweet)
10. Mace : 1 tsp
11. Red Chili : 10 whole
12. Green Chili : 6 slit
13. Salt : to taste
14. Sugar : 1 tsp
15. Saffron : 1/4 tsp
16. Milk : 2 tbsp
17. Kewra Water : 1 tsp (optional)
18. Ghee : 1/2 cup
1. In a large bowl mix the meat, yogurt, onion, ginger, garlic, cashew paste, green and black cardamoms, mace powder, salt and sugar. Marinade for 1-2 hours.
2. In a cooker heat ghee. Add the meat shaking off the excess marinade into the bowl. Fry in medium heat for 15 minutes.
3. Add all the marinade and whole red chili. Mix and bring it to boil on full heat.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 45 to 60 minutes. Make sure not to let the meat stick to the bottom of the cooker by stirring it frequently.
5. Cook till the meat is tender. Add water as required so that themeat does not stick. If needed give 3 to 4 whistles to make the meat tender. Remove pressure.
6. Mix the milk and saffron in a small sauce pan and heat for a minute. Add it to the meat.
7. Add cream and slit green chilies to the meat. Bring it to boil on full heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Add the Kewra water and simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove fro heat and serve with rice, pulao or paratha.