1. Chicken : 1 kg
2. Salt : to taste
3. Plain Yogurt : 3 tbspn
4. Kashmiri mirch masala : 2 tspn
5. Kewra water : 1/2 cup
6. Onions : 3 medium
7. Oil : 3 tbspn
8. Chilies : 2 green
1. Cut chicken into small pieces. Wash well. Dry and salt. Add plain yogurt, kashmiri mirch masala and 1/4th cup of kewra water. Marinate overnight.
2. Cut onion into thin slices. Add oil to a skillet. Add onion, keep stirring so that it does not burn. When onion becomes soft, pour in the marinated chicken with the liquid. Stir for 2 minutes. Cover and cook on low flame.
3. Check the chicken to see if it is cooked or not. Adjust salt. Add splash of kewra water for the final touch. Add 2 green chilies and cover for a couple of minutes to let the chicken absorb the flavor.
4. When the chicken is soft and fully cooked switch off the gas. Take it off the heat. Serve it with pulao.