1. Maida - 2 cup
2. Water - less than 1/2 cup
3. Kalonji - 1/2 tsp
4. Salt - 1/2 tsp (adjust to taste)
5. Dalda - 1-1/2 cup
6. Oil - 1 cup
1. Take maida, kalonji, and salt in a bowl. To this add oil and mix well for 3-4 min.
2. Then add water to make it into a tight dough. Knead well for 5 min. Make sure the dough is not loose. Keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
3. Divide into 4 balls. Using a rolling pin, flatten the balls to thick oval shape 2 inch wide.
4. Using a knife, cut across in diamond shape.
5. Heat dalda in kadai till medium hot.
6. Add the prepared nimki to oil and fry on slow heat.
7. Remove the nimki/crackers when brown and keep aside. Drain excess oil by keeping the fries on a paper towel.