1. Banana Flower : 1 medium size
2. Coconut : 1/4 pc
3. Raisins : 2 tbsp
4. Chilli Powder : to taste
5. Dhania-jeera powder : 2 tsp
6. Flour : 1 tbsp
7. Ginger : 2"
8. Sugar : 1 tsp
9. Gram Flour : 1 cup
10. Bread Crumbs : 2 tsp
11. Garam Masala Powder : 1 tsp
12. Salt to taste
13. Oil for deep frying
1. Mince the Banana flower and discard outer purple leaves.
2. Boil with salt and squeeze dry.
3. Chop fine pieces of fresh coconut and fry these lightly.
4. Chop the raisins.
5. Warm a tablspoon of oil and gently fry the minced banana flower,mixing in coconut, raisins, ground ginger, red chilli powder, salt, sugar, dhania and jeera powder and garam masala powder.
6. The taste is mild and sweetish.
7. Bind this filler with a spoonful of flour.
8. Roll into uniform shapes (round, flat or croquet style).
9. Make a batter with flour, salt, chili powder and water.
10. Dip these and liberally rub with breadcrumbs.
11. Deep fry.
13. Serve hot with chilly or tomato sauce.