1. Onion : 250 gms
2. Mixed Fruit (apples, pears, plums, damsons) : 750 gms
3. Dry Dates: 50 gms
4. Garlic : 1 clove
5. Salt : 1/2 tsp
7. Mixed spices : 1/2 tsp
8. Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
9. Jugry (Gur) : 250 gms
10. Vinegar : 250 ml
1. Peel and chop the onions and boil in a little water until they are soft. Drain.
2. Wash, peel and core the fruits and chop into pieces. Chop the dates. Crush the garlic.
3. Put all the ingredients into a pan, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently until the chutney is thick.
4. Ladle into hot, clean, sterilized jars, cover and seal.
5. Label when fully cool.