1. Flour : 200 gms
2. Baking Powder : 2 pinches
3. Ghee : 45 gms
4. Sugar : 100 gms
5. Mawa : 200 gms
6. Nutmeg Powder : 5 gms
7. Clove : 6 pcs
8. Oil : as required
1. Mix flour, baking powder & ghee well. Add enough boiling water and bind to a soft dough. Divide the dough into six portions.
2. Lightly saute the mawa & nutmeg powder in a heavy bottomed pan for 5 mins. Keep aside to cool.
3. Roll out each dough ball into small roundels. Fold the sides into a rectangular shape. Insert a clove in the centre to hold shape.
4. Heat oil in a kadai & deep fry the lobongo latika upside down till light
5. Bring the sugar & water to a boil in a heavy bottomed pan to obtain thin sugar syrup.
6. Dip the fried lobongo latika in the sugar syrup. Serve cold.