1. Sabudana : 250 gm
2. Salt : to taste
3. Cumin Seeds : 2 tsp
4. Water, enough to cover and 1 1/2 cm. above the sabudana level
5. A plastic sheet. You can make one by cutting open a carrier bag.
6. Oil : 1/2 cup
1. Soak sabudana in water until it is soft, approximately an hour.
2. Add salt and cumin.
3. Cook in water until it looks transparent and of a batter like consistency.
4. Spread a polythene sheet on a flat surface, in sunlight.
5. Put a small ladle full at a time on the plastic sheet and spread it in circular fashion into 6-7 centimeter circles or discs.
6. Let them dry completely on both sides, turning over when one side looks dry.
7. Lift off the sheet and store in an airtight container.
8. Deep fry before serving. Serve at room temperature. They expand and enlarge quite a lot when fried.
You can add other ingredients like chilli powder or black pepper to the batter at step 3.