1. Parwal (Patal) : 4 large
2. Oil : to fry
3. Salt : to taste
4. Sugar : to taste
5. Turmeric Powder : 1 tsp
6. Grated coconut : 1/2 cup
7. Chopped cashew nut : 2 tsp
8. Potato : 1 medium sized
9. Cumin seed : 1/2 tsp
10. Red Chilli : 1/2 tsp
11. Amchur Powder : 1 tsp
12. Asafetida powder : 1/2 tsp
13. Cumin powder : 1 tsp
14. Coriander powder : 1 tsp
15. Garam masala powder : 1 tsp
16. Chili powder : 1 tsp
17. Curd : 3 tsp
1. Scrape parwal well.
2. Cut one side of mouth and scoop out pulp with the help of a tea spoon or knife.
3. Marinate parwal with salt and turmeric for 2 mints
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil and fry grated coconut lightly
5. Roast the red chili and cumin seed and make a powder.
6. Mash boiled potato. Mix fried coconut with mashed potato, chopped cashew nut, mango powder, roasted spice powder, salt and sugar to taste.
7. Stuff mixed ingredients in each of every parwal.
8. Close the mouth with gram flour dough and tie a thread (if necessary)
9. Heat oil and fry them in slow four till parwal turn golden brown.
10. Keep stuffed and fried parwal aside.
11. Make a paste of asafetida powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, chili powder, curd.
12. Heat oil and put the fire slow.
13. Add mixed gravy paste and sauté.
14. Add half cup of water and let the gravy boil.
15. Add fried stuffed parwal and mix well with gravy.