1. Rohu fish/ Katla fish : 500 gms
2. Yogurt : 50 gms
3. Onion : 2 medium sized, chopped finely
4. Ginger-garlic paste : 2 tsp
5. Potato: 2 medium sized, halved
6. Salt: to taste
7. Bay leaves : 1 pc
8. Turmeric Powder : 1 tsp
1. Marinate the pieces of the fish in haldi powder and salt for few minutes.
2. Then fry it lightly in mustard oil and keep it aside.
3. Fry the chopped onion with bay leaf till the onion becomes golden brown.
4. Lightly fry the ginger garlic paste with the onion in low flame(add one pinch of salt) otherwise the ginger will be over fried and become bitter.
5. Add yogurt to it.
6. Add 2 cups of water to it with a half spoon of turmeric powder.
7. Add salt according to taste and keep full flame.
8. When the water start boiling adds the fried fishes to it and keep it in full flame for 5 minutes
9. When the gravy become thick turn off the flame.