2 cup Toor daal
1/4 kg Vegetables( Drumstick,Green Pepper,Eggplant,Okra)
1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
3 Red chillies
3 Green chillies
1 tsp Sambhar powder
a pinch Hing
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Mustard
1/4 tsp Tamarind paste
4 tbsp Cooking oil
1. Wash and dice all the vegetables.
2. Boil water and cook the dal with turmeric and salt.
3. Separate the cooked dal and water, and keep them aside.
4. In thuvar dal water cook the vegetables..
5. After the veggies are cooked, add tamarind paste.
6. Now add the cooked thuvar dal and simmer for a few more minutes
7. Heat some oil in a pan, splutter mustard, then add methi, red chillies, green chillies, curry leaves, hing, turmeric, and sambhar powder and keep frying for a few minutes.
8. Season the sambhar with the above prepared tadka.
9. Sprinkle coriander on top.