1. 1/2 cup of Paneer - cut into small pieces.
2. 1 cup of Rice
3. 1/3 cup Yellow Moong Dal
4. 1/3 cup Red Masoor Dal
5. 1/3 cup of whole Black Urad
6. 2 Bay Leaves/TejPata
7. 1/2" of Cinnamon stick
8. 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds/Jeera
9. 1/4 cup of finely chopped onions
10. 1/4 cup of finely chopped tomatoes
13. 3-4 chopped green chillies
14. 2 tsp of fresh ginger paste
17. 1 tsp of Ghee
18. Garam masala
1. Lightly fry paneer cubes till golden. If your paneer tends to get tough on frying dunk the lightly fried pieces in salted warm water.
2. Wash Rice, Moong Dal, Masoor Dal and whole Black Urad.
3. Heat Oil in a Frying Pan. Temper Bay Leaves,Cinnamon stick and Cumin Seeds/Jeera.
4. Add onions. Saute till the onions are soft and translucent.
5. Add 1/4 cup of finely chopped tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes are well done.
6. Add the rice and daals.
7. Add salt, little sugar,green chillies,ginger paste and saute the rice and dal. 8. Add 4-5 cups of water. Depending on how you like your khchuri to be in respect to the consistency adjust water.
9. Mix well and let cook. When the rice and dal are cooked, add raisins and the paneer cubes. Stir and cook for couple more minutes.
10. Add 1 tsp of Ghee if you wish
11. Sprinkle Garam masala and grated paneer and serve.