Hilsa fish – 500 g
Yellow mustard seeds – 25 g
Black mustard seeds – 25 g
Green chillies – 2
Salt to taste
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric- 1 teaspoon
Mustard oil – ½ cup
1. Cut the iilsh into six steaks.
2. Make a paste of the yellow and black mustard seeds with the green chillies , salt and sugar.
3. Mix the paste with the turmeric and mustard oil.
4. Lightly salt the fish. Cover with mustard paste evenly.
5. Cut the banana leaves into 12 rectangles and place them in six crosses.
6. Place a piece of the fish in the centre of each cross and tie up into envelops.
7. Place on a dish and cook in pre – heated oven at 180 * C for 15 – 20 minutes . Alternately, you can use a pressure cooker (pressure cook for 15 – 20 minutes on a slow heat ). Remove from oven / pressure cooker and serve with rice.